Monday, August 30, 2010

Pumpkin Mousse

Category: Fillings > Mousse > Pumpkin Mousse

I like pumpkin so when I came across a recipe for pumpkin mousse, I really wanted to try it. It tasted alright, a little like pumpkin pie. However, it wasn't as firm as I thought a mousse should be. It actually tasted a little like a pumpkin flavored whipped cream.



After serving it by itself, I ended up making a ginger snap pie crust and using the left over pumpkin mousse as a pie filling. Overall, if you are a fan of pumpkin, I'd suggest trying this recipe. If not, I was pass.



Recipe:

  • 1 (15-ounce) can Pumpkin
  • 3 cups Heavy Cream
  • 3/4 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. Ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
  • 1 tbsp. Vanilla


Combine pumpkin, 1 cup cream, sugar and spices in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cool fully.

Whip remaining heavy cream and vanilla to soft peaks and fold into cooled pumpkin mixture. Pour into a serving dish and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment