Sunday, August 29, 2010

Zucchini Bread

Category: Breads > Quick Breads > Zucchini Bread

The first time I heard of zucchini bread, it sounded gross to me. My mother said it was good and promised to make me some to try. I was willing to give it a shot and I am glad I did. It was delicious. I ended up freezing some of it, so it wouldn't go bad, and pulling it out and toasting it when I wanted some. Very yummy!



Recipe:

  • 1-1/2 cups Flour
  • 3/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 cup shredded unpeeled Zucchini
  • 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
  • 1 Egg


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 8x4x2" loaf pan.

In a mixing bowl combine, sugar, zucchini, cooking oil, and egg. Mix well. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder over the mixing bowl. Stir just until combined.

Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack and then remove from pan.

Baking Tips:

  • Remember, as with all quick breads, don't over mix. It will cause the bread not to rise or be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment