Thursday, September 9, 2010

Halloween Cake

Category: Cakes > Butter > Decorated > Halloween Cake

I had left over fondant from the pillow cake that I wanted to use up. I decided to add some orange to the "ivory" to make a nicer orange and use it with the purple for a Halloween Cake.

I used closed cookie cutters for the cut outs on the cake. The reason they are as thick as they are is because if the fondant wasn't that thick the imprint didn't appear.

The cake itself is a devil's food cake with chocolate mint buttercream icing. The cake tastes like a Girl Scout "Thin Mint" cookie.





I still have a little purple fondant left that I'll need to find something to do with. Hmm, I also have left over almond and chocolate mint buttercream icing. Maybe I'll make up a batch of cupcakes to use all the icings up.

No comments:

Post a Comment