Sunday, September 5, 2010

August Birthday Cake

Category: Cakes > Butter > Decorated

A while back when I was talking about some cakes I made I mentioned making another cake for my father's colleague. The cake I made for my father was the chocolate covered one.

The white cake was made for a neighbor. She came by and asked if I could have a cake ready for her that evening. >< I decided to mirror this design since I didn't really have time to come up with something new at the last minute. I was working the whole day and finished just as she came by to pick the cake up! But it turned out really cute.

Both cakes are dark chocolate fudge with a chocolate mousse filling. It is a really really yummy cake. It is iced with buttercream and the covered with gumpaste flowers. The cakes are exactly the same except the colors are reversed.





No comments:

Post a Comment